Friday, September 23, 2011

You know you're a homebody when...


Mmmmmmmtea
(Courtesy of Natalie Dee)

I am a homebody. I love being here. I love the trees and the sounds of the crickets and birds. I love the cozy little travel trailer I live in and I love to snuggle up with a cup of tea and a book or my laptop and just spend some time with me.

All my friends - my good friends, anyways - know I'm a super homebody. So does my mom.

I was on the phone with her a few minutes ago and she asked me what I was doing tonight, it being Friday night and all. I told her I didn't know. I have an invite to go to music trivia with some buds, but I also offered my company to a friend who recently started traveling a path separate from that of her long-term boyfriend. "But, you know, I'd be just as happy to stay home," I told her.

[And this is where the 'You know you're a homebody when...' comes in.]

You know you're a homebody when...your own mother is trying to persuade you to go drinking at the pub.

She says the winter is going to suck because I'll be all cooped up here so I should take advantage. Thanks mom. Maybe I will. *Taps finger on chin* Maaaaybe Iiii will...but you get blamed for the motorboats.

Motorboat victim. Or was I the victim? I don't know...me and my counsellor haven't decided yet...

On second thought, maybe I'll just put on the kettle and call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment