Thursday, September 1, 2011

Today, it is raining.


I live in the boonies. If I am home alone and want to do something, my options are:

a) talk to cat
b) slowly nuke brain with cellphone
c) read
d) bushscape
e) garden
f) drink beer
g) watch TV online
h) have bonfire
i) go somewhere

In the summer, this was enough to keep me happy and occupied. However, in the fall, I predict that the rain will prevent me from doing items d, e, h, and sometimes a.

[aside: said cat has transformed from city cat to wildecat and comes inside only when I make her. And then she just sits on the couch watching longingly out the window for animals to play with and ultimately kill (and sometimes eat.) She is an unreliable companion.]

This will leave me with b, c, f, g, and i. Doable, I guess.

BUT! Then comes winter. Considering my attention span, when that snow starts falling and I can't leave this place, I think I'm probably doomed for cabin fever.

Hence the blog (j). Prophylaxis against cabin fever OR archive documenting progressive shift to insanity?

I suppose we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment